Here are the results from tonight’s premiere of WWE Friday Night Smackdown on FOX:
- Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair beat Sasha Banks and Bayley in 8:15.
- Seth Rollins fought Shinsuke Nakamura to an apparent no-contest.
- Kevin Owens beat Shane McMahon in 12:00 in a loser leaves WWE ladder match.
- Braun Strowman, The Miz, Otis, and Tucker beat AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, and Robert Roode in 3:10.
- Roman Reigns beat Erick Rowan in 9:20 in a lumberjack match.
- Brock Lesnar pinned Kofi Kingston in 0:08 to win the WWE Championship.
The show started off with Becky Lynch who was interrupted by King Corbin, who was interrupted by The Rock. The Rock and Becky ended up double teaming Corbin, who was sent packing with a People’s Elbow and Rock Bottom.
The Rollins/Nakamura match was interrupted a couple of minutes into it by The Fiend, who put the Mandible Claw on Seth before throwing him off the stage.
After the 8-man tag match, heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury jumped the barricade and was held back by a bunch of security guards. He wanted a piece of Braun Strowman, setting the stage for an eventual cross-over match.
Brock’s championship celebration was cut short when Rey Mysterio brought out former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez. Velasquez quickly took down Lesnar, who ultimately retreated up the ramp. The stage is set for an eventual Lesnar vs. Velasquez rematch inside a WWE ring.