Here’s a look at what’s on tap for Destiny 2 come weekly reset on October 15th:
Legend Nightmare Hunts begin. Can you conquer the hunt?
The first Iron Banner of the Season of the Undying begins, and with it comes increased Valor gains in all crucible playlists. Enjoy 2x Valor from Tuesday until reset Friday, and 3x gains from Friday until weekly reset.
The way you earn rewards in Iron Banner is changing this Season:
- There is a new Seasonal pursuit, which must be completed prior to being able to turn in tokens to purchase packages from Lord Saladin
- This pursuit is character based and rewards the new S8 armor set
- Each step of the pursuit awards Iron Banner weapons or armor
- Most of the objectives within the pursuit track progress at any point during Season of the Undying, even if you have not yet acquired the pursuit
- Until the Seasonal pursuit has been completed, all rewards will be obtained from completing matches and bounties
- All rewards are weapons until the Seasonal pursuit is complete
- The existing seven bounties that offered powerful rewards have been adjusted to offer pinnacle rewards (960 Power max,) but only four are available per event
- We are tracking a bug in which the four bounties offered as pinnacle rewards rotate each day allowing more than four to be completed during a single event
The changes made to Control heavy will not be present in Iron Banner. There will be an update in the future to implement those changes in future Iron Banner events.
Finally, fight against the Taken for Asher when Io becomes the Flashpoint!