Square Enix has published a blog post on the Avengers site breaking down everything you need to know weekly play within Marvel’s Avengers.
You can go read it on their site, or check it out below:
Our special launch edition of the Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE is nearly here; it debuts Tuesday, September 1 at 10:00 AM PDT. Trust us – you won’t want to miss it. Not only will we dive deep into Marvel’s Avengers’ weekly gameplay loops and new mission types, but we’ll give another look at future content. To hold you over, here is a tease of what’s to come.
Marvel’s Avengers has great daily and weekly gameplay loops and understanding these is an effective way to maximize your time playing.
Some of these gameplay loops have a more immediate and ongoing impact on how you’ll play, like Events. Events are one way we’re keeping the Avengers Initiative fresh and new. Some Events will take place over a week, and others will be seasonal. Some will have cosmetics and gear that are only available to earn for a limited time.
Missions: the WAR TABLE is dynamic and will feature unique content throughout the week.
- Modified Missions: Each week we will designate Priority Missions and Priority HARM Challenges that offer up unique rewards for completing them with an assortment of modifiers.
- New Mission Modes: Two new mission types will debut shortly after launch – one that focuses on co-op play and will only appear over the weekend, and another that uses your full roster of heroes in a challenging gauntlet of solo play.
Assignments: Marvel’s Avengers features various Factions, each with their own in-game Vendors. SHIELD & Inhuman Vendors will give you daily and weekly assignments that help increase your Faction level. The higher your faction level, the more Gear and Artifacts that Faction Vendor will give you access to. Faction items rotate daily and weekly. Make sure to go grab all your Faction dailies when you login, because they can be completed as you play through other missions.
Hero Challenge Cards: Daily and weekly challenges help you earn points to progress and unlock content on your Hero Challenge Cards. As with Faction assignments, Hero Card challenges can be completed as you play through other missions.
Community Challenges: These weekly challenges ask the global player base to team up to achieve a specific goal – such as destroying 500,000 Synthoids. When completed, the entire player base receives a unique reward (such as nameplates) reserved for these weekly challenges. Once a month, PlayStation players will get an exclusive Community Challenge.
Vendor & Marketplace Rotation
- Vendor Rotation: In-game Gear Vendors have an inventory that rotates once per hour, so there is always something unique to shop for. Cosmetic Vendors have a stock of outfits, emotes, and nameplates that rotate once per day – although Legendary Outfits stick around for the full week.
- Marketplace Rotation: The Marketplace also refreshes weekly.
In addition to weekly gameplay loops, new content will ensure play stays fresh. Tune into the Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE to learn more about:
- Outposts: Outposts are explorable places with friendly faces and unique vendors.
- Operations: We’ve previously talked a lot about missions but have been intentionally secretive about Operations. Tune into the launch edition of Marvel’s Avengers WAR TABLE to get the scoop on Operations, and the new hero that will debut with our first Operation drop!
See you during the stream!
Did you catch our other Everything you Need to Know about Day One blogs this week?
- Everything You Need to Know about Marvel’s Avengers: Day One
- Everything You Need to Know about Marvel’s Avengers: Accessibility Features
- Everything You Need to Know about Marvel’s Avengers: Playing with Friends
- Everything You Need to Know about Marvel’s Avengers: Gear & Cosmetics
- Marvel’s Avengers: Everything You Need to Know about Beta Feedback & Fixes