This finally came to PS4 over the weekend.
It's pretty fun. Probably should've waited for a sale on it, but meh it's a small team and only $30 so what the hell?
I enjoy the old school arcade gameplay. Much more appealing to me than modern sim style.
Wish the roster was bigger, but it is what it is. Feel like AEW should've partnered with these guys to release a fun arcade game.
Looks like it'll be a relatively easy platinum trophy.
How to do finishing moves after filling up the momentum bar:
- Hawk – Backbreaker – Right + Strong Grapple
- Animal – Running Powerslam – Right + Strong Grapple
- Nick Aldis – Kingslynn Cloverleaf – Strong near opponent’s feet when they’re vertical
- Tommy Dreamer – Dreamer Drive – Right + Strong Grapple
- Colt Cabana – Colt 45 – Right + Strong Grapple
- Johnny Retro – Starship Pain – Corner Strong Grapple
- Matt Cardona – Radio Silence – Strong while running at the opponent
- Brian Myers – Heat Seeking Elbow – Top Rope Strong
- Blue Meanie – Meaniesault – Top Rope Strong
- Stevie Cool – Stevie Kick – Right + Strong Grapple
- Hollywood Nova – Kryptonite Krunch – Right + Strong Grapple
- Nikita Koloff – Russian Sickle – Strong against a running opponent
- Jeff Cobb – Strong against a running opponent
- Zack Sabre Jr. – Standing Kimura Lock – Right + Strong Grapple
- Warhorse – Double Foot Stomp – Corner Strong Grapple
- Austin Idol – Tombstone Piledriver – Right + Strong Grapple
The more I play it, the more I like it. Just good fun, fast paced. Perfect for pick up and play a couple of matches.
I've missed this kind of wrestling game.
Story mode was pretty fun. Very short and basically a To Be Continued thing.
Just to need to complete 10 Pounds of Gold four more times and I'll have the Platinum for this.
Largely a very easy one to get, but man the Killin' the Biz trophy is a pain in the butt because there's nothing you can do. You have to kick out (or break out) of an opponents finishing move, but when and if they go for one is entirely RNG.
Hopefully the DLC wrestlers will be free. Make new arenas and modes cost money, but IMO since the roster is already limited new additions should be free. I know Chris Bey will be free when he releases, but hopefully James Storm and Mr. Hughes will be as well (along with any others that come).