AEW Double or Nothi...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

AEW Double or Nothing 2021

PatriotPaine
(@patriotpaine)
Estimable Member Admin

So far this has been a pretty good event. As I type this, the AEW Championship match is ongoing.

For me, best match has been Shida/Baker. Was pleasantly surprised by the Sting/Allin vs. Sky/Page match. Sting can still go, and as a long time Sting mark, that's great to see.

Bucks/Mox and Kingston was enjoyable, but I just have a hard time getting into Young Buck matches. I just don't like their style at all.

Nice debut for Lio Rush.

My complaint is still that these shows are too long. I get that they're trying to give people their money's worth given the price of the event, but man three hours really is the max an event needs to be.

Topic starter Posted : May 30, 2021 10:17 PM
Jules liked
Topic Tags
Sandman
(@sandman)
Trusted Member

Really good show, all the matches were really enjoyable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2021 12:16 AM
Jules
(@jules)

I may go back and check this one out. I keep seeing all over social media that Mark Henry is now "all elite" --- was he on the show at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2021 12:47 PM
Sandman
(@sandman)
Trusted Member

Yeah, they introduced him as the analyst for the new show they have coming up in August.  So he came out and waved, that was his involvement in the show.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 31, 2021 3:47 PM
PatriotPaine
(@patriotpaine)
Estimable Member Admin

I didn't particularly care for the Spring Stampede match, but it was better than last year's match.

Overall though, really good show.

I wish Justin Roberts worked for Impact though or was still with WWE. He's a good ring announcer, but with all of AEW's WCW vibes the best ring announcer for them would be David Penzer (who does it for Impact). Penzer still the best at it.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 31, 2021 4:38 PM
%d bloggers like this: