PS4 ARPG fans rejoice, free-to-play Path of Exile is now available on PS4.
The download comes in at 10.26GB. There is a free PlayStation Plus bundle of cosmetics available as well, which includes a fiery skull helmet skin and a fiery frog pet.
I spent most of yesterday evening playing the game after downloading it from an the Australian store, and it plays extremely well. Obviously there were less people on the US servers yesterday, so we’ll see how smoothly it performs today.
Here’s the initial patch notes for the PS4, this Patch 3.6.1:
- Fixed a stall that could occur when cycling through the ‘Cosmetics’ panel.
- Implemented deletion of memory blocks from the queue in Synthesis.
- Items that are “flipped” due to a full inventory or dropped in a Fragmented Memory are now dropped at the completion of the Fragmented Memory.
- You can now delete Memory Fragments from your queue by pressing the square button on the memory’s icon and accepting the confirmation prompt.
- Added a warning when you reach the maximum number of Memory Modifiers. Prevented the use of the Memory Modifier device while at maximum Memory Modifiers.
- Reduced the range at which Filimites can use their Dash Projectile skill.
- Monsters now spawn slightly farther away from the starting platform in Synthesis Memories.
- Collapsing a placed Memory now sets your checkpoint to the Memory Stabiliser used to collapse the Memory.
- Increased the potency of the “x% increased Rarity of Items found” implicit Ring modifiers created by the Synthesiser.
- Prevented the use of the Synthesiser if input items contain socketed Gems.
- Added new Distant Memory tilesets.
- Entering or returning to the Memory Nexus now refills flask charges.
- Act 1 Quests no longer display in the Quest Tracker while you are in the Memory Nexus.
- Fixed various bugs which could cause portals leading back a memory from the Memory Nexus to not work as intended.
- Fixed a bug where Distant Memories could spawn with inaccessible bridge connections.
- Fixed a bug where items moved to your location by using a Memory Stabiliser in the Memory Void could drop in Decay and be out of reach.
- Fixed a bug which prevented travel to the Memory Nexus via waypoint unless you were in a Town or Hideout.
- Fixed a bug which prevented some players from accessing the Memory Nexus if they had not talked to Cavas prior to the Templar Laboratory Memory. Affected players can speak to Zana in Oriath or at the entrance to a Fragmented Memory after completing it to gain access to the Memory Nexus.
- Fixed a bug where you could get stuck on a Memory bridge if a connected Memory was deleted while you were standing on the bridge.
- Fixed a bug where the Expanding Pulse skill used by the Fractal Titan boss only dealt damage on the first pulse.
- Fixed a bug where Synthesis doors did not block movement or projectiles.
- Memory Fragments now drop items if the instance creator does not enter the Memory.
- Increased the delay before Decay begins moving at full speed.
- Fixed a bug where Decay in the Memory Nexus began faster than it was intended to. This should alleviate various cases where you were overrun by Decay before you could start moving.
- Fixed a bug where Distant Memories could spawn in configurations that prevented access to one another.
- Igna Phoenix now has a more appropriate amount of Energy Shield in Map areas. It was much lower than intended.
- Skin of the Lords can now have the Runebinder Keystone.
- Soulrend can now be supported by Volley Support.
- Updated the description of the “Ignites you inflict deal Damage x% faster” modifier found on the Dyadian Dawn unique belt to clarify that it only applies to Ignites applied by Attacks.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.6.0c where skills granted by Gloves were occasionally removed from your skill bar.
- Fixed a bug where implicit modifiers which converted Physical Damage to an element prevented prefixes which converted Physical Damage to an element from being crafted on the same item.
- Fixed a bug where the “x% increased Maximum Total Recovery per second from Life Leech” modifier granted much higher values than intended. Any versions of this modifier that were generated after 3.6.0, but prior to 3.6.1, will now grant lower values than intended and can be updated to their correct values by using a Divine Orb.
- Fixed a bug where the “Hits have x% additional Critical Strike Chance against you” modifier on the Reckless Defence unique jewel displayed higher values than intended. This was purely a display error and does not have a functional effect on any jewels.
- Fixed a bug where Consecrated Ground was not correctly applying a ‘chance to be critically struck’ to monsters within it.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.6.0 where monsters killed in Cities within the Azurite Mine did not grant experience.
- Fixed a bug where Lilly Roth in Act 6 Lioneye’s Watch sold gems which were higher than level 1.
- Fixed a bug where quest progress granted by killing specific enemies (such as Brutus) was not granted correctly if a Totem which was supported by Decay Support got a killing blow after the Totem had died or timed out.
- Fixed a bug where the Scorching Ray skill granted by the Balefire unique sceptre did not match the values that a level 25 Scorching Ray skill gem had.
- Fixed a bug where Essence Drain did not apply its damage over time effect when it had chained, pierced or forked.
- Fixed a bug where modifiers to Area Damage were not reflected in the tooltip damage of Storm Burst.
- Fixed targetting issues with Storm Burst when supported by Spell Totem Support.
- Fixed a visual effects issue that could occur when leveling up.
- Fixed a client crash in Betrayal Research encounters.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 3.6.0 where Glove Enchantments did not work.
- Fixed a bug where a “Mission Complete” message was displayed multiple times when completing a Memory.
- Fixed a client crash.
- Fixed an instance crash.