Ubisoft took to Twitch for a State of the Game to highlight some changes that will be coming to The Division 2 this Friday as part of the Tidal Basin update that will see the Invasion: Battle For DC event kickoff along with the opening of the Tidal Basin stronghold.
You can watch the video below, and/or check out the summary courtesy of The Division Reddit:
Invasion: Battle for D.C.
The Invasion: Battle for D.C. – Update will drop on Friday during the regular maintenance from 9:30 am CET – 12:30 CET that will last for about 3 hours.
First Apparel Event
- With the “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” we will also get the first Apparel Event
- The Special Event will last for four weeks (April 5th – May 2nd) where players can get Special Event Caches.
- The Special Event Caches contain cool new outfits and other things like emotes.
- You can also get Masks from these caches.
- Everybody will get one Special Event Cache for free in the first week – if you log in before Thursday.
- Year 1 Pass owners get three additional free caches when they log in during the event.
- There will be ways to gain more free caches – like specific projects that you can finish.
- Special Event Caches don’t have any duplicates.
=> Weapon Skins
Announced Bug Fixes
- When your Crafting Station is stuck on a lower World Tier, that will be fixed with this update.
- You will get a sensitivity slider for when you zoom in.
- Field of View slider will also be added with this update.
- There will be many more bug fixes that will be listed in the Patch Notes
- With “Invasion: Battle for D.C.” we will also have the first balancing pass
- Keep in mind, it is very early in the lifecycle so this is a first step in balancing to address some peaks.
- There is also a lot of talk about PVP – this update will not focus specifically on PVP balance, this is something for a later date – but some of the small changes will, of course, impact PVP.
- The Sniper M700 and the Rifle MK17 will get a damage reduction.
- Crit Damage and Headshot Damage will be lowered across all existing gear, so if you have equipment with these stats on it, they will be different when you log in on Friday.
- “Safeguard Talent” (extra healing) will get an internal cooldown so that it can’t be up all the time
- Demolitionist Talent “Crisis Response” (when armor breaks you replenish your ammo) will also get an internal cooldown.
- Sniper Turret has been reworked
- You will have a button above an enemy and the Turret will then shoot that NPC and it will automatically track it.
- When you aim at the same NPC you can also specifically control where the shot will go (headshot or weakpoint etc)
- That should make the Sniper Turret more accessible.
- The handling of the Chem Launcher has been a bit awkward.
- Now when you activate the Chem Launcher, it will activate and you can use it like a weapon until you put it away.
- That should also give you more control about the skill
- Aiming mechanism has been reworked, so you can mark targets faster
- The Skill Mods have been revamped
- The Bonuses you get from the Skill Mods correlate now with the amount of Skill Power required to unlock them.
- They are now within the bounds of the Skill Power that you can get on your gear and they also changed the amount of Skill Power that you get on your gear.
- So even when you have less Skill Power on your gear when you log in on Friday, don’t panic, you may be able to unlock a lot of mods that you could before.
- With these changes skill builds should become a lot more viable.
Weapon Mods changes
- As of now, the Weapon Mods always had a positive or negative aspect on them.
- But that meant, what was designed as a reward for missions and activities could also have a very negative effect on your build
- That is why all the Weapon Mods have been rewamped:
- All weapon mods got new values, new positives, more in line what they would do in real life
- They also have lower values – since they don’t have their drawbacks anymore.
- The only time there are negatives now on the Weapon Mods is when there are multiple mods – like magazines – one of them will have higher positive values, but also some negative values.
- For every slot, there is a mod for every type of stat that has no negative values.
- Now you can choose the mods you want to use and that should also be more fun.
- Sharpshooter Signature Weapon has a faster lock – on, so if you had the feeling that you often missed the shot with the signature weapon, this should be addressed.
- LVOA-C, the Lightweight M4, the Shotgun AA12, LMG MG5 got a buff
- They will be extensive, currently we have no exact date when they drop.
You can check out the Known Issues here: Link
You can check out the Year 1 Roadmap here: Link