WWE Network’s Hidden Gems section has quitely become one of the best parts of the Network, fitting in matches and events that wouldn’t fit elsewhere on the Network, and a lot of it being rare stuff.
Today, six new items were added to the Hidden Gems section, and they’re all great watches.
We’ve got the full WrestleMania Press Conferences for WrestleMania 2, 3, and 4. As someone who was always a fan of these kayfabe press conferences and how they hyped up the matches, this is a wonderful addition to the Network.
There’s also a rare WrestleMania IX dark match between Papa Shango and Tito Santana, that was the first match called by Jim Ross in WWE. And two other segments taped for Superstars that never aired including Lex Luger putting on the WWF Championship and being introduced as the New World Wrestling Federation Champion before making his way to the ring wearing the belt in what was a tease of what could happen at WrestleMania X.
Finally, there’s another never aired Superstars segment where Razor Ramon wanted Rowdy Roddy Piper to give him a Miami Alley Fight at WrestleMania XII against Goldust. Of course Scott Hall accepted an offer from WCW, was kayfabe suspended, and since this segment didn’t air, this never-officially-announced match turned into the Hollywood Backlot Brawl between Goldust and Piper.
Here are the updates that were added to WWE Network today:
- WWE Hidden Gems
- Lugers Golden Opportunity – 02/22/1984 (Stabler Arena – Bethlehem, PA)
- WrestleMania 2 Press Conference – 03/04/1986 (Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum – Uniondale, NY)
- WrestleMania 3 Press Conference – 02/27/1987 (The Ritz Carlton Hotel – Montreal, Quebec, CN)
- WrestleMania 4 Press Conference – 02/03/1988 (Grand Hyatt New York – New York, NY)
- Under the Shadow of Darkness – 04/04/1993 (Caesars Palace – Las Vegas, NV)
- From Miami to Hollywood – 02/20/1996 (Huntington Civic Arena – Huntington, WV)
- WWE NXT
- NXT 499 – 04/03/2019 (Full Sail University – Orlando, FL)
- Smackdown Replays
- SmackDown 1020 – 03/05/2019 (Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza – Wilkes-Barre, PA)
The Luger’s Golden Opportunity gem is incorrectly dated. It was 2/22/1994, but as of this posting it is still located in the 1984 section of the Hidden Gems.