Following one of the most heavily criticized pay-per-view endings in history, WWE returns to our TV screens for Monday Night RAW LIVE from Rabobank Arena in Bakersfield, CA.
Last night, 18,000 people booed, chanted for refunds, chanted AEW, and so on as Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt Hell in a Cell match ended via a ref stoppage.
Rollins connected with curb stomp after curb stomp, and a Pedigree, as Bray Wyatt kicked out at one. 15 curb stomps later, Wyatt was still kicking out. Then came the chair to the “head”, a ladder, a chair in a ladder being smashed with a toolbox, and finally being hit with a sledgehammer.
It seemed the monster had been destroyed as EMT’s entered the ring to check on Bray Wyatt. Wyatt then no sold it all, and grabbed Rollins with the Mandible Claw. Of course, by this point, the ref had made the decision to stop the match because The Fiend couldn’t continue.
If you didn’t see it, consider yourself lucky. It will forever go down as one of the most convoluted, idiotic finishes in wrestling history.
Enough about last night though, here’s what’s on tap for tonight’s RAW for those who will be watching:
- Tyson Fury gets an open mic to address Braun Strowman
- Lacey Evans battles Natalya in a Last Woman Standing Match
- MizTV will have special guest RAW Women’s Champion Becky Lynch and Smackdown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair
- New Women’s Tag Team Champions, the Kabuki Warriors, will take on Lynch and Flair in a Champions Showcase
- Robert Roode and Dolph Ziggler take on The Viking Raiders in a non-title match
RAW airs tonight at 7pm CT on USA Network.