Here are the results from tonight’s WWE NXT:
- Rhea Ripley, Candice LeRae, and Toni Storm defeated Bianca Belair, Kay Lee Ray, and Io Shirai via pinfall in 13:01.
- Imperium defeated The Forgotten Sons via pinfall in 5:08 to advance in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
- Austin Theory defeated Joaquin Wilde via pinfall in 2:59.
- Undisputed Era defeated Gallus via pinfall in 8:51 to advance in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic.
- Mia Yim defeated Kayden Carter via pinfall in 3:46.
- Keith Lee defeated Cameron Grimes, Damien Priest, and Dominik Dijakovic via pinfall in 13:59 to earn a title shot at the NXT North American Championship.
Next week, the Dusty Rhodes Classic continues with two more first round match-ups, and we learned tonight who Kushida’s tag team partner will be… Alex Shelley.
Smith’s Sentiment: Not the strongest episode of NXT. The main event was great, as you’d expect, and was easily the best match of the night. The six-woman tag match that opened the show was good as well, but I wasn’t a fan of the set-up with each woman coming out one by one to interrupt Rhea Ripley before brawling and immediately having the match announced. It’s something you’d see on RAW or Smackdown, I don’t like it on NXT. Dammit Regal, what would have been the opening match if the other ladies didn’t come out and then start fighting?
I like the announcement of Alex Shelley coming to NXT to team again with Kushida as the Time Splitters. As the Time Splitters, the duo captured the NJPW Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship on two occasions. It’s going to be great to see Alex Shelley get at least one match in NXT.