Next week in Destiny 2, we venture forth to Europa and claim powers from the Darkness.
Beyond Light is just a few days away, and that means the start of Season of the Hunt.
The Destiny 2 Next Week splash page when you boot the game up says this:
- Beyond Light releases!
- Make sure to claim your stuff before it enters the Destiny Content Vault!
- Europa becomes available to all players!
- Track the Fallen in the Exodus Crash in this week’s Nightfall: The Ordeal.
Of course the new season begins, new loot arrives, there’s a new quest for New Light players (that veteran players will be able to pick up as well), and the Cosmodrome returns as well.
A lot of stuff going on next week.
Anything you need to get finished for this season or activities/destinations entering the Vault, do it before 9pm CT Monday, November 9th.
Next Monday, maintenance for Update 184.108.40.206 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- November 9, 3:30 PM PST (2330 UTC): Background maintenance for Update 220.127.116.11 will begin.
- November 9, 4:00 PM PST (0000 UTC): In preparation for downtime, players will be removed from activities and will be required to download a small update before logging in again.
- November 9, 6:50 PM PST (0250 UTC): Sign-on for Destiny 2 will be disabled.
- November 9, 7:00 PM PST (0300 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought offline for expected maintenance. Players will be removed from activities and won’t be able to log back into Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST on November 10.
- November 10, 9:00 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168 will be available across all platforms and regions. Players will be able to log back into Destiny 2.
- November 10 12:00 PM PDT (2000 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
For more information, please visit our Destiny Server and Update Status help article.
BEYOND LIGHT PRE-LOAD
Pre-load for Update 22.214.171.124 will be available prior to the game’s release. Below are pre-load timelines and instructions based on platform:
Beginning on November 8 after 8 PM PST (0400 UTC), users can start pre-downloading Update 126.96.36.199 by:
- Navigating to Destiny 2
- Pressing the “Options” button
- And selecting “Check for Updates”
In an effort to decrease server load, some PlayStation Plus users may be able to pre-download Update 188.8.131.52 starting on November 7 after 8 PM PST (0400 UTC) if they have auto update/download enabled on their PlayStation 4. For instructions on how to setup auto update/download, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: BUNGIE RECOMMENDS THAT PLAYERS SHOULD NOT DELETE THEIR CURRENT VERSION OF DESTINY 2 ON THEIR PLAYSTATION CONSOLE TO SPEED UP THE PRE-DOWNLOAD PROCESS.
Pre-load for Xbox will be available shortly after Destiny 2 is taken offline for expected maintenance at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC) on November 9. For instructions on how to setup auto update, please click here.
Pre-load for PC will be available shortly after Destiny 2 is taken offline for expected maintenance at 7 PM PST (0300 UTC) on November 9. Update 184.108.40.206 should automatically be put in the Steam download queue once it is available to pre-load. For more information on managing Steam downloads and updates, please click here.
|Platform||Destiny 2 Install Size||Storage Space Needed for Installation|
|Xbox Series X|S||65.7 GB||65.7GB|
|PlayStation 5||70.78 GB||70.78 GB|
|PlayStation 4||70.78 GB||171.68 GB*|
|Xbox One||65.7 GB||65.7 GB|
|PC||69.7 GB**||186.2 GB***|