This time however, there will be some changes.
A quick reminder, Capture Zone is still Elimination, with the following changes:
- 30 seconds after the round starts, a capture zone is enabled. Players can capture this zone to win the round, or just eliminate the other team like normal.
- The capture zone has a waypoint from round start, including a countdown timer, so everyone will know exactly when and where it will be.
- The capture zone starts in the middle of the map in the first round and changes location each round.
We took feedback from the previous Capture Zone Lab, and made the following changes:
- We are using a stronger Trials Map: Endless Vale.
- Rather than rotating through points that give one team a significant location advantage, we are rotating through three neutral zones — one at Temple, one at Mid, and one at Shrine.
- Players no longer get Super energy when capturing a zone, either before or after the round ends.
As we mentioned last week, card-based Matchmaking is on all weekend, with the Flawless Pool turning on Sunday morning at 10 AM. As with the previous two Labs, a 2x Trials Rank booster will be on all weekend.
Going forward, we are looking at adding end-match rewards prior to getting a 7-win card, making it more worthwhile to play in the Flawless Pool, and for increasing reputation gain—especially in the later ranks. We are still firming up plans, so expect more information on rewards in December.
Patriot’s Position: I like the map being Endless Vale, and the changes sound good paper. Still not excited about Capture Zone as a thing, but nevertheless looking forward to diving back in there.