If you’re encountering the error code Monkey, the first thing you need to do is to check your connection. Sometimes, the error occurs because your connection is interrupted due to a number of different variables, which are beyond your control. Bungie encourages players to check their connections to see if they’re working properly.
This is a simple fix that works for nearly all games. Often, this is a quick fix that can be done from the main dashboard of the game. After performing this step, the game should restart. If you can’t get it to load, check the following methods: – Try force-quit the game from the main dashboard.
– Check the internet connection. The error may be related to a malfunction of Bungie’s servers. If so, contact Bungie support. They may be working on a fix for the problem. In the meantime, you can use tools like DownDetector and OutageReport to find other players experiencing the same issue.
– Try signing in to PSN or XBL. If the problem persists, sign in again. Often, connection problems will cause these errors. You can also check the PSN or XBL servers to see if they are down or busy. Alternatively, you can post on the official Bungie support forums to ask questions about the game.
– Look for any underlying problems with your gaming network. If the error is caused by a network connectivity problem, then the problem is with the game’s server. Check the Status Page and follow any updates or notices posted there. If nothing changes, you may need to try fixing the problem locally.
– Check if the game version is updated. You can also upgrade to a higher version to fix the error. Some error codes are connected to the weekly reset and can’t be resolved with an old version. If you’re still having problems with Destiny, download the latest version of the game and try again.
– If you’ve tried restarting the game, but no results, the issue might be with your system. If you’re not experiencing this problem, contact Bungie support to get a resolution. This is the best way to get back online and play your game. You’ll be glad you did.
– During the verification process, you’ll be asked to accept the User License Agreement. This may take 10 to 20 minutes, depending on your system’s size. This will also depend on any missing files. Upon completion of the verification, Steam will notify you and place the missing files in your downloads folder. Once this process is complete, check that your error code monkey has gone!