Larian Studios, in co-production with Danish studio Logic Artists, have announced Divinity: Fallen Heroes.
Set in the stame universe as Divinity: Original Sin 2, Fallen Heroes will be a standalone game that marries tactical gameplay with the RPG choices and consequences that have helped make the Original Sin games so popular.
In addition, Fallen Heroes will “introduce a wealth of new features and mechanics to the D:OS 2 engine” according to the press release.
Divinity: Fallen Heroes will dive deeper into Rivellon and put you in command of troops aboard the Lady Vengeance. You’ll be able to explore new lands, use new weapons and skills, and build your squad.
Fallen Heroes features a single player mode, as well as two-player cooperative play. It’s coming to PC later this year, and possibly consoles at a later date.
You can watch the announcement trailer below, and read some additional details.
A new threat looms over Rivellon. Lead aboard the Lady Vengeance and enlist the help of new and existing heroes. Join Malady, Fane, Ifan, Lohse, Sebille, Red Emperor and Beast in a tactical game with all the depth of an RPG.
Aboard the Lady Vengeance, manage your crew through diplomacy. Your choices affect everything. Lose faith and you lose heroes. Rally your troops, and you restore hope.
Vanquish the deserts of the Lizard Empire and the snowy climate of the Dwarven Kingdom. Master a revised combat system and take on over 60 missions with narrative objectives where your decisions greatly affect the story.
- Gunpower comes to Divinity. Lock’n’load with an arsenal of guns and rifles.
- Oil, Fire, Ice, Water and Poison surfaces are joined by the new Sulfurium surface, affecting hero positioning on the battlefield.
- Play with mysterious hero character Malady for the first time in a Divinity game, as well as an all-new character. Or take control of the famous Godwoken.
- Select from 30+ different unit types to create the perfect squad, and equip them with over 200 skills.
- Decide which technology to research and what artefacts to obtain to give your troops that extra oomph.
- Simultaneous Co-op Gameplay allowing you to take turns and combine abilities at the same time.
- Unlock devastating source powers for your flying battleship, The Lady Vengeance, that will turn the tide of battle.
- Recruit unique veteran troops, but be careful: if you lose them in battle, they are gone for good.
- Optional objectives and challenges will push your tactical acumen to its limits.