Square Enix is releasing Patch 5.35 for Final Fantasy XIV Online today. This patch will continue the quest series “Save the Queen.”
The next chapter of the quest introduces the new playable area Bozjan Southern Front. The Bozjan Resistance has begun Operation Eagle’s Nest to regain Alermuc Fortress from the Empire.
Today’s patch also brings the debut of the Final Fantasy XIV Community Finder. This tool will help players find new friends through linkshells, PvP teamrs, or free companies to adventure with.
You can check out the Community Finder patch here:
Here’s some big details from Patch 5.35:
- Resistance Weapon Enhancement Quest Series “Save the Queen” Update – Adventurers can enhance powerful weapons obtained in the first chapter of this quest series by participating in a variety of in-game content, including the new Bozjan Southern Front.
- New Large-Scale Battle Content: “Bozjan Southern Front” – Join a team of up to 72 players to assist the Bozjan Resistance in their mission to rout the IVth Imperial Legion. This new area includes both story-focused quests and additional challenges for players of all playstyles.
- Addition of New Housing Wards – Three new housing wards, each with a corresponding subdivision, will be added to each residential district, bringing hundreds of new plots for players to purchase. Apartments will also be added to each of these wards and subdivisions.
- New Game+ Updates – Players can now experience the A Realm Reborn™ main scenario questline—which has been streamlined as of Patch 5.3—while retaining their current character and level.
- Crafter and Gatherer Content Update: “Skysteel Tools” – The latest update to this questline will allow Disciples of the Land and Hand to further upgrade their Skysteel Tools to aid in crafting and gathering.
- New Items, Recipes, Mount, Minion, Emote, Hairstyle and more.
You can find the full patch notes here.
Final Fantasy XIV Online has over 20 million registered players, and you can join the ranks with the expanded Free Trial.
With the new Free Trial, you can experience all the content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward expansion, all updates through Patch 3.56, the additional playable Au Ra race, and three additional playable jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist).