Update 3.0.1 will be deployed on Tuesday, December 8th for Destiny 2 across all platforms.
Here’s the timeline for the update:
- December 8, 7 AM PST (1500 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 8, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Players are removed from activities in Destiny 1 and 2 and won’t be able to log back in until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.1 is available.
- December 8, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- December 8 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
When Update 3.0.1 releases on December 8, next-gen console users (Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5) will need to download the full-size game, regardless if they have been playing Destiny 2 since Beyond Light’s launch. This does not affect Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Steam users. Pre-load will not be available for this patch – pre-loads are usually only available for expansion type patches and are not available for hotfixes or seasonal updates.
The estimated patch sizes for Update 3.0.1 based on platforms are as follows:
- Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB
- PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB
- Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB
- PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB
- Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB
And here’s a preview of the notes, but not the full notes which won’t be available until Tuesday:
Dungeons – Prophecy
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
- This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora’s waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player’s class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the “Survivor” medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the “Untouchable” medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle’s description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
- Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris’s perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Necrotic Grip
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being “Killed by the Architects.”
These are some issues currently in the game that are expected to be resolved when this update rolls out:
- The lift tubes in the Warden of Nothing strike fully drain Super energy.
- The “Wanted: The Fanatic” Triumph is not being awarded after defeating the Fanatic in the Forsaken campaign.
- “The Hit List” Triumph is not being awarded after defeating all the Barons in the Forsaken campaign.
- The holograms from looped emotes, such as the Luxurious Toast and Feline Fancy emotes, disappear and leave players in a static position after the first loop ends.
- The Adored Sniper Rifle cannot be reacquired from the Collections.