This Tuesday, October 30th, Destiny 2 will receive Update 2.0.5. This update includes a number of Quality of Life changes including a change to Masterwork Cores and exotic duplicate protection.
Complete patch notes should be posted on Tuesday at 11am CT, but for now check out this preview of changes coming in the update courtesy of this week’s This Week At Bungie post on Bungie.net:
- Banshee-44 will accept up to 25 Gunsmith Materials at a time
- Removing the hold time for the Spider’s material exchange interactions
- Increasing stack size of Ghost Fragments from 10 to 20
- Reduced shader dismantle time from 1 sec. to 0.25 secs.
- When you’re receiving an Exotic, we will take into account all Exotics you’ve found, and weight them against Exotics you have yet to acquire; this lowers the chances of receiving Exotics you already own
- Exotics that you do not yet own will be individually weighted much higher than duplicate Exotics
- When receiving duplicate Exotics, you will be more likely to earn armor pieces, as they have randomly rolled perks
- Exotic quest weapons are being removed from the Exotic engram loot pool
- Masterwork Cores will be renamed Enhancement Cores
- More sources will award Enhancement Cores; they will be added to Scrapper Bounties and six of the Spider’s weekly bounties
- Enhancement Cores will be more visible in the loot feed
- Increasing base damage
- Fixing an issue where the Broadhead perk would not properly activate under certain circumstances, which would result in a loss of damage
- Increasing Explosive Shadow detonation damage
- Increasing damage against Taken and invaders
- Will spawn with 50 ammo in the Crucible
- Will benefit from the following armor perks:
- Auto Rifle Loader
- Unflinching Auto Rifle Aim
- Auto Rifle Targeting
- Precision Weapon Targeting
- Auto Rifle Dexterity
This update will also increase the spawn chance of the Malfeasance boss in Gambit. To coincide with that, next week is bonus Infamy points.
From October 30th to November 2nd, you can earn Double Infamy points from Gambit matches and bounties, win or lose.
From November 2nd to November 6th, you can earn Triple Infamy points from Gambit matches and bounties, win or lose.
Gary is Owner and Editor-in-Chief of Vortainment. He’s usually posting news and reviews, and doing all the back end stuff as well. He likes to play video games, watch movies, wrestling and college football (Roll Tide Roll).