Next week is a big one in Destiny 2.
On Tuesday, December 8th Destiny 2 will receive Update 3.0.1. Here’s the timeline for that update:
- December 8, 7 AM PST (1500 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 8, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Players are removed from activities in Destiny 1 and 2 and won’t be able to log back in until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.1 is available.
- December 8, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- December 8 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
You can checkout the preview of the patch notes here.
These are the estimated update sizes of the update:
- Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB
- PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB
- Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB
- PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB
- Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB
Yes, this is the update that will bring the enhanced version of Destiny 2 to PS5 and Xbox Series X/S bringing 4K/60fps gameplay to console along with a FoV slider, faster load times, faster inventory items, etc.
Here’s what is on tap for next week in Destiny 2, including the first Iron Banner of the season.
- The first Iron Banner of Season of the Hunt arrives, along with bonus Valor!
- Lord Shaxx brings Mayhem to the Crucible!
- Defeat Protheon in the Inverted Spire Nightfall: The Ordeal strike.
Also next week, the Prophecy dungeon returns to Destiny 2 giving players yet another pinnacle reward activity.